White Bean Chicken Chili - Test Blog

White Bean Chicken Chili

White Bean Chicken Chili


1.5 – 2 lbs ground chicken
3 cans of white beans (small white beans and great northern)
1 can chopped green chilis
1 medium jalapeno chopped
1 medium onion chopped
2 – 3 gloves of garlic (or garlic powder if you don’t have the cloves)
1 can tomato paste
3 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon cumin (or to taste)
1 tablespoon oregano (or to taste)
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (leave out if you don’t want it too spicy)
1 tablespoon salt (or to taste)
Water
Masa or flour to thicken


Preparation:

In a large soup pot or cast-iron Dutch oven over medium-high heat, saute ground chicken, onion, and garlic until the meat is almost all the way cooked. 

Add cumin, oregano, chili powder, salt, paprika, cayenne pepper, tomato paste, green chili and water (I add enough water to cover & then some).  

Add your beans (I use the beans noted above, but you can use whatever white beans you prefer).  Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, approximately 3 – 4 hours, stirring often. 

You can add more water throughout if you need to. 

Once the chili is cooked take some masa/flour (about 3 or 4 tablespoons), mix with warm water to make roux.  It should be a little thick not runny.  Pour it in your chili to thicken it up.

For maximum flavor, cool chili and refrigerate overnight.  The flavors really come together for an even better taste.

I also do this exact recipe in the slow cooker.  I cook my meat first on the stovetop. While my meat is cooking I add my tomato paste, water, green chilies, and spices in the heated up slow cooker.

This is also a great recipe for the freezer. 

We like really spicy chili.  If you do not, then omit using the jalapeno and the cayenne pepper. Or you can add just a little for the flavor. 

This is a good recipe for ground beef as well.  I use pinto beans and kidney beans for that recipe and I use rotel instead of green chilies.  


I like to serve both with either homemade cornbread or saltine crackers.  You can garnish with green onions, shredded cheese and sour cream.  

I also like to take Velveeta cheese, square it up, put into my crockpot to melt, pour some of this yummy chili into it.  It makes the most yummy dip!!

Enjoy!!

5 comments

  1. this looks yummy!

    Cheryl @ The Creative Me and My McG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi lovely lady It's been a long time no see. Your food looks Yummy !! I would like to thank you so much for your sweet comments about my tablescape for Halloween. I hope you will come over and see me next week also.
    I am hoping you have a wonderful week with your family.
    xxoo
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my favorite chili recipe ever!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top