Vintage DecoArt Chalky Paint Jewelry Armoire Makeover - Test Blog

Vintage DecoArt Chalky Paint Jewelry Armoire Makeover

I played with the new DecoArt Chalky paint again this weekend and love it just as much today as I did yesterday :)

I had this cute jewelry armoire that I've had for years.




I love it, but I have an armoire with a long mirror.  You can see that makeover HERE.

This time I decided to go with a lighter color.  I used the color Vintage by Americana DecoArt Chalky Paint Finish.  Again...not being paid to say this...  BUT I seriously love this paint.  The color is a soft and gives it such a great look.  It has tad soft blue in it.




I used my Silhouette Cameo and cut out the No. and the numbers 1 - 5 for the drawers.  The armoire was a dark brown to start with so I just put the vinyl cut outs on and painted over them with the Vintage paint.



I applied 2 coats letting dry in between.  Lightly sanded, pulled off the vinyl cut outs, finished lightly sanding the entire armoire.  Once I had the desired look I waxed using the Americana DecoArt clear wax.



I added the clear knobs as opposed to the wood knobs that were originally on the armoire.

I did this entire process in the course of 1 day.  It dries quickly.

I love how it turned out.  And, soon (hopefully) it will find itself a nice new home!!






4 comments

  1. Great idea staggering the numbers. I love that font.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it - where did you get your paint at? I have one that I have been wanting to paint and the paint that you used sounds good. Please let me know whee to purchase it. Thanks.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you ship? How much is this? Love it!
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you ship? How much is this? Love it!
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top