I am having a blast - Test Blog

I am having a blast

I have forever said that I am not the creative type nor do I hold an artistic bone in my body.  But, something happened that changed all of that sometime back...

I picked up a paint brush... end of story!
 
Well maybe not end of story truthfully!  I didn't realize I had it in me to paint or create!  Once it proved differently I have been loving it & finding my way!
 
Sparks are flying with Newburgh Vintage Emporium open, and it has taken my thought process into a complete new level. 
 
I am now going to be taking in custom work.  I have started the process of expanding my business by simply creating business cards, personalized price tags, and a brochure show casing some of my work. 
 
I designed and made each piece myself.... And hold it....  I loved every minute of it!
 
 
I originally started out with making my price tag (hang tags).  I made my template with Publisher, printed out on recycled card stock, and then I used a paper punch I purchased from Michaels to punch out the design above.  It is from the Recollections line and super easy to use.  I made hole punches to put my bakers twine through and BAM personalized hang tags!

 
I used the same design artwork (me being artsy :) ) on a blank business card template in Publisher.  I then just used a paper cutter and there you go... Cheap Frugal nice DIY personalized business cards! 

Next is my brochure.  I had started on one when I was in my previous space, but something just wasn't feeling right.  I think looking back I realize that it was a bit of a hike to get my other space.  I am not sure how someone would've felt about traveling so far to get a piece of furniture to me to work on. 
 
Again I used Publisher to make the brochure.  They will be printed on glossy heavier stock paper.  This was just to get an idea.  I love how they turned out.  Simple and to the point! 
 
Essentially except for my time (labor of love) & the little materials it is free advertising.
 
My space is all set up & ready to go for doors to be opening on Saturday, March 1st.  The store owners Troy & Jimmy have put a magnitude of hard work in creating this wonderful space.  I love going in and working in my space...there is such a positive vibe and there are some great vendors!!  SO many are looking forward to the doors to be open for business!!
 




 
Just the beginning of something great.  I still have so many pieces of furniture that will be going (no room right now).  I am also going to be offering many newer vintage inspired items.  I am in the works with a dealer to bring those to my space.  I just hope I can part with them & not want it all for myself :)
 
It's been buzzing the last couple of days and here are a few sneak peeks of what's to come...
 










 
If you are in the area, come on in & visit us!! Oh & come on over to Facebook and follow along if you don't already.  Newburgh Vintage Emporium will be having something special for those that are Facebook fans ::wink wink::
 
 
 
 
~ Lynn
 

1 comment

  1. GREAT JOB!!! Your work looks awesome there in your booth. Good luck and keep it fun. You will always do well when you are doing what you love.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top