Maison Blanche Wrought Iron Desk Makeover - Test Blog

Maison Blanche Wrought Iron Desk Makeover

One day I walked into Habitat ReStore and nothing was speaking to me.

I have those days sometimes.  It's strange really because it's like walking into the pound where all the doggies are wagging their tail & talking to you... begging you to take them home & give them a chance.  But, sometimes the constant bark is more nagging me than speaking to me.

And, this day I felt that way...  

Until I turned around and saw this...


It was the ugliest dog begging me to please just pet me because once you do you'll be in love...
...and I'll be going home with you!

And, so the story began!




Who knows how long this poor baby had been left out unattended...
....neglected!



But, those legs...oh those legs.  I loved them so!

I knew instantly I'd be painting her black...


The perfect color would be Maison Blanche Wrought Iron!


She still has many imperfections to tell her story of a previous life she lived, but to me she is sheer perfection!


I painted her in Wrought Iron, only 2 coats... and she got several days to cure.  I then sealed her with a quick poly wipe down.  I decoupaged the sides & the drawers.  New accessories to let her know she is loved by adding some pretty knobs.  


She now sits in my space at Newburgh Vintage Emporium!

Much love, peace & happiness!
~Lynn

20 comments

  1. Sooo Creative. I admire the hands on peeps of the world! You have inspired me to try a new project! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! You did any awesome jobs on that desk!!!!! I would pay hundreds for the finished product!! Feeling inspired~
    Jessica from Sparkles & Glue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is such an incredible turn around - I'm sincerely impressed by your choice to match on the drawers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you get the rest of the veneer off before painting and decoupaging? If so, how did you do that? I agree... the legs of the desk are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. May I ask how you repaired the hole in the top?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a great job and know one will know that dog was abused!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful. Love how it turned out. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a great job! I am always in awe of crafty people; I am definitely missing that gene. That is lovely!
    Kudos!

    Kelly
    www.alovelylifeindeed.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lynn, this is a stunning makeover - I absolutely love what you did with this piece. It caught my eye over at the Inspire Me Tuesday party!
    Marie@The Interior Frugalista

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that dog is barking due to being totally glammed up! Looks much better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a great idea to cover the hard to fix parts! Thanks for linking up to Outside {the Box}

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful~ I love using decoupage as an alternative to busted veneer! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top