Hat & Glove storage table makeover - Test Blog

Hat & Glove storage table makeover

I picked up this set of drawers from a recent auction...for $2.50.  I had picked it & another little table up for $5.00 for the 2.  

The top drawer had some pretty significant damage to the left side (right side in picture).  It wouldn't sit straight in the drawer space & when I pulled it out sure enough it was broke!  I would have had to rebuild the whole side.

So I decided to make it into a shelf to put a basket in the space.  I had to build a little shelf, which was easy to do.  I took the bottom from the broken drawer and placed it inside, then I used wood filler to fill in the spaces. 


It worked perfect.  I knew I was going to line it so I didn't need perfection.








 

I painted a space on the each drawer in bronze metallic paint by Martha Stewart.  I let it dry.  I printed out No., 1 & 2 on vinyl with my Silhouette Cameo.

I placed the cutouts on each of the drawers, and then I painted the entire table with Maison Blanche Spanish Moss.  I used 2 coats.


While it was drying, I took a piece of cardboard and some fabric I had and made it to fit inside the shelf area.

Once the paint had completely dried, I lightly sanded the entire table including over the top of my letters/numbers.  


I then pulled off my letters/numbers.  Leaving a nice pretty bronze showing underneath.  




I distressed lightly all over.  I then gave it a wax using dark wax.  

We will be using this to store hats & gloves next to our coat armoire...now we are all prepared for winter.  NOT!   I wish fall would stick around until spring :)



I hope everyone has a safe & Happy Halloween!! I know I my girls are ready for some treats....  Do you have a favorite treat that you snag from the trick or treat bag?  Almond Joys are my favorite chocolate & Sour Patch is my favorite candy... OH I can't wait to dump that bag out tonight :)
 ~ Lynn

2 comments

  1. Looks great Lynn...Peanut butter cups are my favourite chocolate...candy corn is my favourite candy...so glad my kids are too old for Halloween...I don't need the extra calories!!

    Cheryl @ The Creative Me and My McG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi lovely lady.
    This came out Gorgeous you did a wonderful job. I would like to thank you so much for your sweet comments on my Halloween Tablescape!! I don't remember if I did thank you lest week it was a little nutty for us at home. I did post a new one this past Monday. I hope you have a wonderful weekend with your family.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top