Master Bedroom Makeover on a Budget - Test Blog

Master Bedroom Makeover on a Budget

As promised I am showing you the master bedroom makeover.  I am excited that I finally got around to making this space so personal.  I had been wanting to redo some furniture for our room, but other rooms were more important.  

Every piece is something that I picked up at an auction, estate sale or such.

Let me start off by showing you the before -

The nightstands we had stashed.  I had just added a little color to the drawers to give me a little something.  



I never cared for the dresser under our TV.  It didn't give the room to walk through that I was looking for.  



The couch is part of our sectional that is pretty old.  I wanted to make room in our common area & so we had moved it into our room.  In the above picture, I wasn't fond of where the couch sat...it felt out of place.  And, we NEVER used it.

See the thing right on the left side sticking out..you can see the crown.  That is the big armoire I moved out (ok well the guys moved it)

And..then it looked like this in my attempt to make it cozier.  I wasn't ready yet to paint anything for our room.



Not much of a change except my quilt and some pillows.  Again I love our room, it is my quiet place to unwind at the end of the day.  But, it still wasn't feeling all there yet!

I removed the dresser, turned the top of a cabinet hutch into a TV Stand.  I replaced the nightstands with different pieces I picked up and painted.  I moved the couch to a better spot, added a couple of stools, a couple of old chippy windows, added some painted weathered wood planks to our headboard...and I have a budget friendly makeover.

Now for the AFTER....



Pictures don't quite do this space justice.  It feels good, cozy, warm, comfortable and a place that at the end of the day I can unwind.






See where the couch is now?  You can sit to watch TV (without straining to see), read a book, or relax and enjoy the beautiful view.




We do have other pillows but then you wouldn't have been able to see the headboard.  I love pillows...lots of pillows!!!  But, I really wanted to show the headboard..

The cost to do this -

TV Cabinet (top of hutch) $25

My table (bottom of hutch) $25
Hubby table (oak dresser) $50
Planks for the headboard I had everything 
Teal stool $2.50
Coffee Grain Sack stool $10 (target on clearance)
Grain sack $5 (used to cover stool & on TV Cabinet)
Old chippy windows - FREE :)

Everything else I had either already in the room or around the house including my $5.00 headboard you can read about soon.

Total cost - $117.50

The before & after...once more.





I hope you enjoyed seeing it as much as I enjoyed bringing it to you.  It's the little things in life.  As my husband said to me during this change "you like keep things fresh"!!  Smart man :)

Ahh...tomorrow is Friday and I am off to an estate sale & then to our village wide yard sale all day Saturday!!!  


~Lynn

Linking up at -
The Scoop Party at Cedar Hill Farmhouse
Treasure Hunt Thursday at From My Front Porch To Yours
Inspire Me Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life
Be Inspired at Elizabeth and Co.

House on the Way

From Dream to Reality at The DIY Dreamer
Ivy and Elephants

8 comments

  1. Very pretty Lynn. The pops of blue ... very soothing and relaxing.
    Hugs, Gee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks so nice Lynn and your headboard turned out awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your color choices, and your headboard is great! Glad to find your blog!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cosy! I really love the colors and the headboard: waiting for the post about it! ;)
    Kiki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, what a fabulous change. I love that the sofa really creates a sitting area now and the painted end tables and boards in the headboard make a huge change. I love it. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful!!! I so love that headboard!!! It's just perfect :)
    Thanks so much for linking up with Twirl and Take a Bow! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi lovely lady.
    This is my first time on your lovely blog, you did d Beautiful job putting this room all together love the before and after photos. I am your newest follower on your blog now hoping you will come over and join my Tablescapes.
    xxoo
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diane... Thank you for stopping by and following along. Popping over to your blog now :)

      Delete

Back to Top