Tea Cart Redo using Miss Mustard Seed Yellow and the Graphics Fairy - Test Blog

Tea Cart Redo using Miss Mustard Seed Yellow and the Graphics Fairy

This tea cart was in the group lot from the auction I got the curio cabinet from.  You can read about the Miss Mustard Seed Tricycle curio cabinet makeover HERE.




I thought it was a cute little cart, but wanted to make it even a little cuter!

I had found the coffee sign at Graphics Fairy website after I had seen Karin from Art is Beauty do a sign with the same graphic (I just loved the way it came out).  By the way, if you haven't made your way through either of the sites...you should.  The Graphics Fairy has a ton of fun stuff & some great tutorials along with some fabulous features.  And, well Karin is just awesome!!  Lots of inspiration & she is as sweet as they come with a great sense of humor!

I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out my vinyl graphic on contact paper & used contact transfer paper to put it onto the cart itself.

Before I did that, I used a dark brown stain on the top of the cart where I knew I wanted the graphic.  I let it dry over night and in the meantime repaired a few areas that needed a little wood filler.

This area was broken loose.  I used wood glue and then wood filler.



I then put my graphic on the next morning and proceeded to paint the entire cart Miss Mustard Seed Yellow.




I painted the cart 2 coats and let it dry completely.  I lightly sanded and then peeled off my graphic.



After it was all done, I used a little of my new DecoArt light wax to give an aged look and then went over it with Miss Mustard Seed furniture wax.  Once it was dry and sat for a little I buffed it down.



The wheels & trim around the top I darkened up using the same dark stain (General Finishes gel stain in black).


I put the glass top back on and the trim and...well she just looks old and beautiful!!



~ Lynn
Art Is Beauty - Twirl and take a Bow
Knick of Time
Elizabeth and Co. - Be Inspired

Dagmar's Home Thrifty and Vintage link party featured

14 comments

  1. What a beautiful transformation, Lynn. You are so talented! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynn - that looks fabulous! It makes me really wish I had a silhouette!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG - she is beautiful - I just love it. You did a fabulous job on your tea cart.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous transformation!!! Love how you breathed new life into your teacart.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I have two drop-leaf tea carts...I'm thinking about doing one of them with a graphic, but I'm still not very adept at it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool makeover! Looks great! Thanks for sharing at the Twirl and Take a Bow Party! We hope to see you again next Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lynn, I'm having the hardest time using the Graphics Fairy files and importing them to my Silhouette Studio program. Can you explain what you did to the jpeg to load it into your silhouette and get cut lines? I'd really really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I figured it out! Silhouette was having problems with graphics fairy images because the resolution was too high! All better now - http://www.silhouetteamerica.com/faq/solution/imported-image-shows-odd-display-in-silhouette-studio

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rainpatter... so sorry I didn't get back to you. Happy you figured it out. Do you love your silhouette?

      Delete
  9. You did such a lovely job with this, Lynn. It's going to fetch a great price at Newburgh Vintage Emporium!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I almost kept it for myself & then I had to remind myself that I just can't keep it all...

      Delete
  10. great look you gave this little ole tea cart a new life

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top